NanoVations is a locally owned business serving commercial and residential clients in the greater Calgary and surrounding area. Anti-slip treatments for walking surfaces are one of the conventional services (non-nano based) that NanoVations offers.
NanoVations is proud to be an authorized dealer for the world’s #1 Floor Safety systems. These anti slip treatments have provided safe, quality, economical products, reliable service and peace of mind since 1986 throughout North America and a dozen other countries for nearly 25 years.
Slip and Fall Incidents and Prevention in Today’s World
Historically, slip-and-fall injuries have plagued almost all industries globally but costs have escalated so much in recent years that these incidents are now a major driving force behind rising worker’s compensation and property liability insurance expenses.
Three Steps to Safer Floors
Measurement enables collecting data, laying the basis for appropriate action.
There are three steps to slip/fall prevention involving data collection:
1) Measuring and recording the condition of floors.
2) Improving then maintaining that condition to a desired benchmark level through effective treatments and cleaning regiments.
3) Regularly auditing/documenting the state of floors to help ensure (and demonstrate) the proper degree of due diligence and compliance with safety norms.
How Our Treatment Works
Our system is a uniquely formulated chemical compound designed to react with silica sand in any mineral surface such as concrete, ceramic tile, terrazzo, marble, porcelain, slate, quarry tile, river rock, polished stone, or glazed brick. The result of the chemical reaction with the surface is a creation of a modified tread pattern that provides a positive SLIP RESISTANT SURFACE
All mineral based surfaces are porous by nature. When our treatment is applied, the pores are microscopically widened and deepened to create a modified “Tread Pattern” that is not slippery that is virtually LESS SLIPPERY WET THAN WHEN DRY
Microscopic tread patterns
Many other slip-proofing solutions are applied topically and eventually crack, peel or rub off. Our product invisibly works into the surface itself so it will not crack, peal, chip, or discolor with age. There is no set up, curing, or drying time required. The surfaces treated can be used immediately after treatment. Each treatment is guaranteed for two years from the date of application as long as the surface is properly maintained with appropriate cleaning agents.
Utilizing the same testing process as OSHA, NanoVations will test the static coefficient of friction (SCOF) of your floor. This will determine if you comply with the NFSI B101.1 and Americans with Disabilities Association (ADA). The ADA requires a (wet) SCOF of .5 for all public access areas, while OSHA recommends a SCOF of .6 on walkways and .8 on ramps. If you wish to find out if you comply with these minimum standards pertaining to slip resistant floor surfaces, please call us. We will schedule a test at your convenience. Our complimentary evaluation takes about 20 minutes to complete and will not disrupt any business operations. Protect the health and safety of your employees, your customers, your company and your family.
Quality Products and Service
- Quality made and proven anti-slip treatments will provide outstanding underfoot safety on all slippery surfaces such as ceramic, quarry and mosaic tiles, natural stone, porcelain, terrazzo, concrete surfaces.
- Cost effective slip accident prevention. With increasing demands for safety our system does the job quickly and efficiently at an affordable price.
- No disruptions. With our anti-slip treatment there is no mess, no noise and no strong odors.
- Little or no change to appearance. The application system does not visually alter the appearance to the floor surface.
- No dry time. Surface can be walked on immediately after the application is completed.
- Free post treatment re-evaluations
- The anti-slip treatment is guaranteed for 2 years (conditional) when applied by our technicians, but could easily last for greater than 5 years with the appropriate maintenance procedures.
Standard of testing
NanoVations evaluates test areas according to industry standards adopted by NFSI In accordance with ANSI/NFSI Procedures B101, we evaluate a safe walkway surface in both dry and wet conditions. (A SCOF of .50 or above is considered a safe walkway surface with WET conditions) (NFSI) National Floor Safety Institute. In fact, the co-efficient of friction can increase 200-400% after treatment.
NanoVations will successfully perform our unique, anti slip treatment to your tile, concrete, terrazzo and stone floors that are slippery when wet.
We also perform our anti slip treatment on your enamel or porcelain tubs and showers. (Lifetime warranty on tubs)
Value added advantages
- Possibly reduce insurance premiums
- Possibly reduce WCB premiums
- Improve employee safety and productivity
- Reduce liability risks
- Eliminate fake slip and fall accidents